This is my first blog post and is therefore dedicated to the first location one probably arrives to in Switzerland – the Zurich airport. I love this place and enjoy leaving the country and coming back home through this airport. What makes it so special? Why is it glamorous;)? Well, there are plenty of reasons.To name a few, there are plenty of shops here both in the public and passenger zones, such as:
- fashion shops (amongst which you’ll find famous brands like Mango, H&M, Esprit, Lacoste, Victoria’s Secret etc. You can also find the Swiss labels – Navyboot and Bally)
- cosmetics (MAC and a few drug stores)
- Swiss watches and jewelry
- book stores with national and international press;
- confectioneries where you can enjoy incredible Swiss chocolate or buy nicely packaged presents for your friends and family (e.g. the lovely Sprüngli)
- souvenir shops
- multimedia shops
All the airport shops are open every day of the year! In case you want to buy something special on Sunday – the airport will be your one and only option in Zurich as most other stores in the city are closed on Sundays.
There are also different kinds of services available, such as hair salons, dry cleaners, lounges, floral shops and travel agencies.
You’ll also find a huge food court with international cuisine, exclusive restaurants, cafes and bars, including several Starbucks cafes with comfy sofas and chairs and nice Swiss Starbucks cups (makes for a great souvenir!).
I have been to many airports around the world, but the Zurich Airport remains my top favorite. Located just 10 minutes away from the city center, it has so much to offer!