I went to yet another fabulous exhibition in Zurich and had great time on a Sunday afternoon. Blickfang is an international design exhibition with a lot to offer.
The exhibition runs in several European cities: Stuttgart, Munich, Hamburg, Vienna and Copenhagen, as well as the Swiss cities of Zurich and Basel. A wide range of creative designer goods is presented at the exhibition, mostly by the designers themselves, which makes the whole event even more appealing and exciting. Furniture, clothes, jewelry, home decor, accessories, art pieces and much more could be found at Blickfang. There you can buy pieces, order them later online, try on or take some pictures of the extraordinary things you liked, or just have a look.
Some of my favorites at Blickfang:
- EinStoffEn sunglasses – these glasses are made in Switzerland, mostly of wood, which makes the glasses very light and exquisite. Here is a separate post about this brand.
- Areaware – cute wooden toys, called cubebots, which are robot figurines that can be compactly folded into a cube)
- iPad stands from Yohann – these stands are made of wood or plastic and designed in Switzerland. Their stands are really practical since they can be used also on soft surfaces such as a couch or bed.
- Vases from Raum B – these vases are made in Switzerland and come in very unusual shapes.
- 3D wooden magnet words from Nogallery – these magnets come in different colors and sizes with quite motivational statements and words.
- Men’s handmade clothes inspired by British tradition from Sergej Laurentius
As you can see, there are plenty of exciting things to check out at the Blickfang exhibition. It is a great shopping experience for those looking for something handmade, creative and individually-designed.
Blickfang has its online shop as well: http://www.blickfang-onlineshop.com/.
The next Blickfang exhibition will take place in Basel (Messe Basel) 24-26.04.2015 and in Zurich 20-25.11.2015.