Zermatt Fashion was founded by Marc Ruh in 2015 as a series of winter fashion shows held at the popular Zermatt ski resort in the Valais region. After a successful first year it quickly became an annual staple in the area. Zermatt Fashion offers a platform for both newcomer designers and established brands which includes catwalks, live music and parties at the beautiful Swiss resort.
This year there were two fashion shows, popup designer secondhand shops, cocktail hours and after parties.
The first fashion show took place in the iconic Backstage Boutique Hotel Vernissage and featured a host of fresh designer labels from Switzerland. Among the up and coming labels were:
- Ghislain Clerc, which unites futurism with sportiness in its avant-grade tracksuits and apparel;
- Gela-Wesh red carpet ready dresses with feathers;
- Fernanda’s concept store in Zermatt with Swiss fashion and design brands;
- Nasuri extravagant feminine leather outfits and more.
Next was the Grand Brand Fashion Show, which took place outdoors in the centre of the town. Among the participating brands that presented their latest collections were:
- Swedish sports brand Peak Performance;
- French ski sport-chic garment label Fusalp, showing nostalgic, sporty elegance of the 60s and 70s;
- the Swiss vintage casual brand NILE;
- Swiss ski brand Jet Set, which also featured a retro look by using metallic elements, extravagant snake prints
- iconic stars and the Swiss shoe label INUIKII, which used sequins and suede in their winter collection.
The Grand Brand Fashion Show was also moderated by founder Marc Ruh and was accompanied by a live performance by the Swiss singer Jizelle.
It was an eventful weekend in Zermatt. I stayed at the Hotel Admiral, located in the town’s center, which offered amazing panoramic mountain views, comfortable chalet styled rooms and an exquisite view of Matterhorn that I enjoyed so much in the mornings from my balcony. In between the shows I discovered the charming town of Zermatt, went to the famous summit station Gornergrat (standing at 3,089 m above sea level) to get a closer look at Matterhorn and snuggled in the cozyness of my hotel room.
View this post on Instagram
Zermatt Fashion @zermattfashion, founded in 2015 by Marc Ruh @marc_ruh, is a great fashion and entertainment platform for both new comer designers and already established brands: catwalks, show acts, live music and parties in the beautiful Zermatt in Switzerland take place every year in winter. The Zermatt Fashion 2018 featured such labels as @fusalp, @nilethebrand, @jetset.ch, @peakperformance @inuikii and others🇨🇭✨Фэшн шоу в Церматте: проводится с 2015 г. ежегодно под руководством швейцарца Marc Ruh, предоставляя медиа платформу начинающим и уже известным брендам. #zermattfashion #zermattfashion18 #zf18 #MarcRuh #swissfashion #swissfashionshow #swissglam #swissevents #zermatt #switzerland #церматт #швейцария #fashionshow