I was delighted to attend the Baselworld 2016 press conference and opening days of the exhibition. I consider this exhibition to be very important and unique in the jewellery and watch industry in general and here are some reasons why:
- It is a great platform not only for world famous and well established brands, but also for creative newcomers in the industry and for large and small watch and jewellery brands
- Business and networking opportunities at the fair are enormous and the media impact is very strong
- Since brands present their new collections and recently launched products, it is great to be the first to see the upcoming trends and new fashion styles of the year
- The export value of Swiss watches is by far the highest in the world. Swiss watchmaking has grown by more than 60% since 2010
- Baselworld is focused on quality over quantity and has developed from a European trade fair to a world trade fair in just a few years
- Baselworld attracts 150 000 visitors from more than 100 countries and 1500 brands exhibit their creations
Please find pictures below of my personal favorites from among the novelties I discovered during Baselworld 2016 while attending media conferences and events held by the leading Swiss luxury watch brands.
Here you can find my post from last year about Baselworld.