I enjoyed the show and the location of the event (Schiffbau in Zurich) and I appreciate the efforts of the Mode Suisse team who is always on the lookout for new fashion talents, which they foster and support in Switzerland and abroad. Here are some highlights of the show:
- The big novelty of the 12th edition of Mode Suisse was the collaboration between the En Soie fashion house and the Swiss fashion designer Julian Zigerli that resulted in their joint “eSJZ” capsule collection with 12 unisex looks and accessories.
- Designer Karin Lorenz of Weer tackles the oversupply of clothing with reinterpreted, workwear-influenced basics in simple shapes.
- Ganrison presented new cuts in its ready-to-wear collection.
- Barrington handbags designer furniture manufacturer De Sede launched its first luxury handbag collection.
- Menswear designer Adrian Reber’s new collection was based on his motto “comfort stands at the beginning of masculine elegance”.
- Lida Noba presented her feminine and playful creations for the fourth time, highlighting her Iranian origins through her choice of shapes and.
- Zurich leather label Yvy, handcrafted by designer Yvonne Reichmuth, showed off their extraordinary pieces that are already popular abroad and have found recognition among celebrities such as Monica Bellucci and Kristen Stewart.
Catwalk photos by Boris Marberg