The heart of Zurich is home to one of the most renowned 5 star luxury hotels in Switzerland. The Paradeplatz is the most magical place to be during the festive season as it is located in the center of all the enchanting lights on display for Christmas time, known as “Lucy”. What better place to be than in the heart of one of the most famous cities in the world, at one the most luxurious hotels surrounded by Christmas spirit. Despite the current health situation, the Savoy Baur En Ville is Christmas ready and even ready to welcome tourists. The hotel offers various festive activities such as:
- The Restaurant Baur by Orsini serves genuine Italian cuisine and exudes Italianità at its very finest. Book a table and treat your taste buds.
- Kick back and relax with a drink while llistening to the melodious tunes of a pianist in the Savoy Bar from Wednesday to Saturday from 3:00 p.m. There is a cute Gingerbread house for the mood.
- Enjoy our Savoy Balcony Fondue experience surrounded by the Christmas lights. The dinner is served on the Balcony of the hotel’s classic single rooms and includes: Mulled wine, Zurich Fondue, white wine, Kirsch and sweet biscuits.
- The gorgeous Christmas tree and Advent’s candles can be admired right at the lobby of the Savoy
- Last but not least – why not indulge in a staycation by booking a room at the first Grand Hotel in Zurich?
On December 24th 1838 an apprentice from Vorarlberg, Johanne Baur made his dreams come true by opening the Baur En Ville. Since then the Savoy Baur en Ville has grown to become the iconic and world renowned luxury Grand hotel known for its central location. Right at Paradeplatz and in the midst of Bahnhofstrasse, The first Grand Hotel in Zurich overlooks two different worlds; Zurich’s old town and the pulsating business hub of the city.
At the grand opening in 1838 the “Riesengasthof” already received amazing PR attention and reviews with its one dining room, two parlours, 10 rooms and stables. Imagine in 1838 it was already known for its luxury, fast forward to today and that grand luxury has only maximized. The h