Situated in the heart of Geneva and facing the lake with its famous fountain Jet d’Eau from one side and the most famous luxury shopping district Rue du Rhône from the other, the iconic 5 star superior Hotel Metropole Geneve attracts both locals and travellers. It is the only palace hotel on this (left) lake side and here are its highlights:
- Hotel rooms with high ceilings: it makes such a difference, automatically gives more space and air; large, beautiful windows serve as a nice decoration to every room.
- Rooftop terrace with its “5 Lounge” bar open to both hotel and external guests from May till September has breathtaking city and lake views and a great choice of cocktails
- “Gusto” restaurant offering Italian and French classics is perfect for business lunches in the busy city of Geneva
- “Mirror Bar” with its intriguing red furniture is a great place for lunch or coffee during the day or a relaxing after work drink
- Numerous conference and banquet rooms, including the rooftop terrace can be rented as private and business event locations
- The interior design of the hotel rooms is very diverse and beautiful: from classy and chic (like presidential suite) to modern and colourful like junior suits and the lifestyle lake-sideroom I stayed in.
Photos: Hotel Metropole Geneva and SwissGlam.