The warm month of October welcomed the 13th Zurich Film Festival, where attendees were able to sit outside and enjoy fresh festival air and sunny weather at Bellevue, right in the hearth of Zurich. Here are some highlights from #ZFF2017:
- The festival had the pleasure of welcoming almost 100,000 visitors
- 40% of the movies at this year’s festival were directed by women. Women empowerment was one of the main topics of the festival, and the majority of awards went to female directors
- ZFF showed 160 films, including 41 debut works and 12 world premieres
- Many Hollywood stars were spotted on the green carpet, in the cinemas accepting the Golden Eye Awards, and in the event halls, including: Rob Reiner, Roman Polanski, Marc Forster; screenwriter Aaron Sorkin; actors Jake Gyllenhaal, Andrew Garfield, James Marsden, Andy Serkis, Bill Pullman, Simon Baker, Glenn Close, Alicia Vikander and Claire Foy.
- Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin received this year’s Career Achievement award.
- Other celebrities visiting Zurich to attend sponsor events and have a walk along the famous green carpet included Victoria’s Secret model Alessandra Ambrósio, Tommy Hilfiger, and Swiss influencer Xenia Tchoumitcheva.
- The ZFF VR LAB demonstrated the most recent virtual reality films.
- Numerous side events and parties served as perfect platforms to network with other international guests and representatives of the film industry
Photos: SwissGlam, Zurich Film Festival