Art on Ice 2018 was a very colorful, arty and emotional event. This year it was all about the art of figure-skating, singing, painting and stage and lighting design. The inspiration for the theme was the life of the German art forger and artist Wolfgang Beltracchi, whose paintings served as stage decoration throughout the show. The stories that the performers told the audience while singing and dancing were visualized on the stage and on ice.
This incredible show has already reached its 23rd edition and was named “Number One Show Worldwide” by the leading event magazine “Venues Today”. I was attending the show for the fourth time and for me it has already become a great tradition and well-anticipated winter event in Switzerland. Here are some highlights of Art On Ice 2018:
- British singer Emeli Sandé and her powerful performance and amazing voice.
- The Russian Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko showed his iconic moves for the last time at Art on Ice. Nevertheless it was thrilling to see the 34 year-old legend on stage in Switzerland
- Swiss figure skater from the canton of Wallis Stéphane Lambiel was brilliant as always: his smooth moves and fascinating sense of rhythm deserve endless admiration.
- This year the following ice-skating couples showed their talents to the Swiss audience: Meryl Davis and Charlie White from the USA, Russians Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov, as well as Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot from Germany.
- Successful Swiss pop band Pegasus was warmly welcomed. The guys’ energy was definitely transmitted to the audience and the performance on ice.
- 15 year-old soprano singer Laura Bretan, e-cello performer Tina Guo, Art On Ice ice-skaters, acrobats, dancers and much more was there to be admired at the show.
Save the date for the next edition of this unique show: 7.02.-17.02.2019 in Zurich, Lausanne, Davos and Basel.