The 19th edition of Swiss designer fashion show Mode Suisse was digital, still the pieces can be admired and purchased at the Zurich department store Jelmoli this spring in the pop-up store Sélection Mode Suisse chez Jelmoli in Zurich from 11 March – 10 April 2021.
The following Swiss designer brands presented their latest collection in Zurich
- Minimalistic designs of Klaesi Holdener who sourced the inspiration from strong women. Designer Florian Holdener teamed up again with the eyewear label SOL SOL ITO to create a holistic look on the runway.
- amorphose’s latest collection “The Princess of Whale Cay” was inspired by Marion “Joe” Carstairs and Marlene Dietrich
- MOURJJAN captured stillness and serenity in the latest collection ”Arctic Poetry”
- NINA YUUN explores the quality and beauty within the smallest of things in the new capsule collection “Rust and Flower”
- Forbidden Denimeries presented its reinventions of denim through sustainable jackets and accessories, paying tribute to an adapted rhythm of défilés and decoding of gender stereotypes
- NOMADISSEM showed their fourth sustainable, yet elegant wardrobe with modular pieces inspired by mountaineering and high-altitude expeditions
- Luca Xavier Tanner explored robust, plain-coloured materials, as well as pratical details that run repeatedly throughout the silhouettes. In addition, the label collaborated with KDH1932, the subsidiary of Mode Suisse’s footwear partner Kandahar
Mode Suisse is a project by Yannick Aellen, realised with Ejra Sunna, Lina Eisenhut, Myrta Holinger and Alexandra Looser.